Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summertime Pitfalls

Summertime has begun for me with pitfalls galore. The crocheting has been wonderful, and it's occupied me and kept me from the kitchen, but a visit from my old friend Mary Lou threw my normal eating regime into a tailspin. She came over to Lake Charles for two nights and three days, and I introduced her to the cuisines of Louisiana and fell into the pit... We enjoyed not only crawfish delicacies (I actually had steak), but the desserts that go with them. I hadn't had a dessert in months, but these were to die for, as she said. Anyway, a week later, I've gotten on the scale and note that I have three pounds to get back off again. Oh well....back to the drawing board. Sometimes I think we need these kinds of reprieves from the daily grind of dieting to make a go of it all of the other many days that the offerings are rather lean.

By the way, the irregular eating went on for a few days after Mary Lou went back home. I helped host a prewedding party for a young couple who got married on Saturday. The rich foods involved with those parties also have caused this weight gain. Then Sunday I attended the Lotus and Bamboo Festival in Port Arthur, Texas. There I tried the Vietnamese cuisine. All of these unusual bites going into my system have resulted in my weight gain this week. Wish me well as I finally get back to Curves after an injury to my left arm six weeks ago and get back on the wagon. I'll be talkin' to you, Linda

No comments: