Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It Is A New Year!

It is a New Year! My only resolution this year is to continue on my journey of weight loss. I do have some new info to report to all of you. I went to the doctor in November to have my diabetes and cholesterol checked. My total cholesterol went from 180 in August to 163 in November. My A1c lowered and my doctor considers it under control. She no longer is asking me to take medication for my bad cholesterol. In December (right before Christmas) I had my trainer do my measurements. I did not add up all the loses but I did lose 5 inches in my waist, 2 inches in my upper arm, and 1 inch in my calf. When I started July 1 my body fat measured 45.8 and now measures 38.4. My gym is even asking me to let them use me in their brag book!

I saw some of you last Saturday and I can't tell you how much it meant to hear you tell me how good I look! My trainer asks me occasionally if my family and friends have noticed. Unfortunately I have tried to lose weight so many times and always gained it back plus more. I think they have become immune to commenting. Since I have now lost 23 (as of today) pounds, many are noticing and letting me know they notice. We all need those positive pats on the back and I hope I can do that for all of you.



No comments: