Friday, April 25, 2008

It's Not a Sprint, It's a Marathon...

A friend of mine used the expression "it's not a sprint, its a marathon" the other day. We were talking about something completely unrelated to exercise but it stuck with me. It made me think about what we are all trying to accomplish here. I think that's why I have been sticking to a routine of adding something into my health and wellness plan every month. I found through the years of trying different things by going full speed ahead it never worked for me. I think the saying goes "it takes 21 days to create a habit". That's pretty much what has been working for me. After I add in another part it eventually becomes such a part of my routine I don't even think about it anymore and then I add another and so on.

Hang in there everyone and just keep trying to see what works for you!

LMH

No comments: