Monday, April 21, 2008

To Be Thin...


Back when I was attending Overeaters Anonymous meetings regularly, somewhere between 1993 and 2003, I found and bought this Mary Englebreit frig magnet and a lightbulb went off for me about how it might apply to my eating. The magnet says, "To Be Happy, Don't do whatever you like, Like whatever you do." I revamped it in my mind to read, "To Be Thin, Don't eat whatever you like, Like whatever you need and have to eat."
It's taken many years, but overall, this is where I am today. Most days, I stick to a regimen of foods that are good for me, ones that will not cause cholesterol or weight gain. Occasionally, like yesterday, I will attend a family gathering and have a piece of cake and a scoop of ice cream, but mostly I "eat whatever I need and have to eat" to be thinner. Over time, it's gotten easier, and I pray that now that I'm working on getting back down to the weight of my 30's that I keep this motto in mind, but also keep things in balance for a happy life. May we all find our road to tackling our own personal situation. I hope you've all had a good week and that the week ahead looks promising. I maintained my weight this week, probably because of that dessert yesterday, but I go forward with hope... Til later, Linda

No comments: