Monday, March 10, 2008

B-hop Here


I am just thrilled at the response to the contributors on this blog site. I've shared it with additional family members, some who have signed on to be part of this network. For me personally, this takes on a whole new level of accountability in my quest to eat healthier and exercise more. Last night I came home from the grocery store to get dinner ready. With daylight savings time setting in, there was still plenty of light outside, so I got the kids outside, three on bikes, one on foot, and M&I circled the neighborhood with kids in tow, before we set down to eat. Tonight after dinner, our neighbor boy came to get MF and the two of them scootered around the block with me, a short walk with just enough daylight to get us moving. As our weather is changing this week to the 50-60's, there will be plenty of time to fit in the walks around the neighborhood, which can be as short as a 10 minute walk and up to 30 minutes if we take the "long" route.
I found another before picture that's worth a look. This was taken in November, and if our family goal to lose 10% of our body weight by the end of year is matched by both of us, we'll proudly display a new one this November.

Everyday is a chance to start something new. I put a piece of gum in my mouth after lunch today, to kill the curry taste from my curry tuna salad, and to keep me from grabbing the left over crackers and chips that were laying around the office all day. I'm celebrating little steps toward accomplishment, one at a time.

No comments: