Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Putting It All Together

  When I got LH's email about submitting our weight loss numbers I laughed and then I groaned! I guess the time has come!   What has been the hardest for me is putting it all together: exercise, diet, vitamins, lifting weights ,ab work and stretching.  Exercising comes the easiest to me. I really do love it!  The rest is well basically inconsistent.


  After having my two children and turning 40 the weight was harder to get off and frankly I find the whole "dieting thing" quite confusing.  There's the South Beach Diet, Weight Watchers, Cabbage Diet, low carb, high carb blah blah blah!  Not to mention our family has a few of their own.  What has worked well for MGH (the patriarch of H family) has been the push away plan--he eats half of what's on his plate and "pushes away the rest". Then there's the infamous Joe H. diet--do not put anything on your plate and wait and see what your kids don't finish and eat that. Hey and these fellows look awesome so something is working for them.


  I guess that's my point--I need to find what works for my body and lifestyle.  So here it is--I have no idea if I have lost or gained anything this week but I will say I am 17 pounds heavier than having my first child 8 years ago. I can't exercise any more than I do now so I need to work harder in the other areas. Now that LH is keeping count I need to start trying to put more pieces into place.  Thanks for the push LH!!!



LMH

1 comment:

B-HOP said...

And don't forget there is now the B-Hop diet plan!