Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring Has Sprung!!

Hope all of you had a successful week! I am always inspired when I read an entry from one of the team members.

I am in the process of encouraging a few of my over 40 friends to get yearly physicals. I am finding plenty of people already in their 40's who haven't done so. It is so important to get those baseline numbers. Equally important to follow that yearly physical with a trip to the dermatologist for an all over body check (I learned that freckles can have "top hats"--who knew??). I learned that my cholesterol is 199-nothing to worry about but it will be nice next year to see the number either stay the same or go down. Again, good information to have!
Its been great to see how all of you have been doing! Here is how my week went:
-I completed my second week of six day workouts--12 miles run outside.
2 hours total on treadmill.
-Finished the "cleanse". How does one really know if their kidneys and liver are "cleansed"?
-I ate healthy about 4 days out of this week. I polished off the rest of the Whoppers--not good!
The other days I felt like I snacked a lot.
-Began drinking protein shakes in the morning. I use Vanilla protein powder from Arbonne. I
add fruit for flavor and extra fiber.
-I took all my vitamins for 4 days out of this week.



New recipe of the week: VEGGIE PIE
Mushrooms,small zucchini,small green pepper chopped.
1 1/2 c. diced ham
1 lb. cottage cheese
1 c. grated mozzerella
4 eggs beaten
1/2 c. chopped frozen spinach-thawed and squeezed
2 tbs. olive oil
s&p to taste
Saute mushrooms,zucchini,pepper and ham in little butter. Put in bowl and mix with everything else.
350--45 minutes.
I used 97% fat free ham. I am sure you could use low fat cheeses. I used the whole box of frozen spinach.
Gluten Free note: as long as you are using fresh veggies, the frozen spinach is without fillers, and cottage cheese is gluten free - this should be a safe food to eat. I can't wait to try it! (b-hop)

ENJOY!

No comments: