Monday, March 10, 2008

Forty Something

Lately I have been reading more articles/books on health and wellness for the over forty crowd. I'm 42 now and have noticed some changes:


-I have to work out harder and more often to keep the weight off.
-I can't eat the same amount of food anymore.
-I don't feel that great after eating certain foods.
-I do better with more protein and fewer bad carbs.


Having shared that, it will be great to have a place to support people and be supported, share what's working and what's not and try some fun yummy new recipes!

My March goals:


-Continue exercising six days a week. Running,treadmill or walking. 
-Be present to what I am putting in my mouth (does the 1/2 bag of Whoppers I just finished off count?) Don't eat just because it's there.
-Finish my colon,liver,kidney cleanse. I highly recommend doing this once or twice a year to cleanse and detox your system. I used First Cleanse by Renew Life (found at Whole Foods or any health food store).
-Eat as healthy as I can!

Good Luck to the "Team" this week!


LMH

No comments: