Monday, March 10, 2008

The Curves Angle


I'll be telling you about what it's like to try to lose weight from the Curves way of doing it. Every morning as soon as I get up, I take a trip to the bathroom, and after using the toilet, I take off my gown and step on the scale. I find that knowing what I weigh after the day's before eating regime (whatever that might have been) lets me know which foods do what to my body.


This morning, for example, I was two pounds down from yesterday's weight, which meant that eating at Logan's last night didn't disturb my weight loss attempt. I chose foods carefully at Logan's, but I did have a glass of red wine. I didn't have lunch, though, so somehow that must have counterbalanced the wine. I keep close track of what I eat, and I try to stay in the 1600/day range.


I go to Curves 3-5 times a week to work out. They now have Smart Machines which monitor your progress and change the hydraulics in the machines to make the workout gradually harder and more efficient. It's going well for me. I swear I'm a size smaller at this weight than I was before I used to work out. It really works to be toned up.


The Curves Diet is a low carb diet. I eat half a bagel in the morning for breakfast and I have some kind of small portion of "white stuff" sometime in a later meal, but that's all of that kind of food I eat. My snacks are all basically protein snacks like a deli roll made of six slices of turkey breast and a mozarella stick. And I love my salad with chicken breast strips and cheese every day. I drink plenty of fluid, but I really don't enjoy bottles of water. They taste like plastic to me. I still imbibe on diet cokes with lime, and I'm just praying that they aren't really bad for me as long as I stay away from Doritos while I'm drinking them!


That's all for today. I'm happy to be part of this family challenge to get ourselves into shape and good health. God bless us all...

No comments: