Saturday, March 8, 2008

FROM LAP

What a great start to our family challenge. I weighed in this morning and am down 6 pounds. J and I were down at the Lake last weekend painting so I made a batch of vegetable soup with ground turkey that was very tasty and filling. We are just starting to stock food items in the fridge, so I took milk and cereal for breakfast with fresh bananas and oranges and for lunch Jim had a couple of sandwiches and I had a WW frozen entrĂ©e and some carrot chips. A new Hu Hot Mongolian grill opened near work, so Monday I went there for lunch with a co-worker and filled myself up with small amounts of chicken and pork and LOTS of veggies. I also attended a luncheon on Wednesday where there was a big piece of chocolate bundt cake drizzled with raspberries and blueberries and topped with whipped cream by each plate. I ate the fruit and took one small bite of the cake and left the rest. Temptation is always going to challenge us but in that case, I resisted. On the other hand, Thursday night I was watching TV and decided to have a couple Girl Scout Cookies (Shortbread) for a snack and before I knew it, the entire sleeve was empty. Last week at Hy-Vee they had Disney oranges on sale for .99 and they were really sweet and juicy. Who knew that Disney grew oranges! I also tried C’s Healthy Chili recipe and loved it. I am a big fan of zucchini and squash anytime, so it really hit the spot for me. When I was putting it in the containers for the fridge I counted the ladles as I spooned it and only had about 12, so the 20 portions must be off a bit. I am taking some down to the lake today to have for lunch tomorrow as we continue painting. I hope to start walking this week at least a couple of days to try and squeeze in the exercise. Going up and down 21 steps at the lake has helped to get me some exercise as we continue to move things in the kitchen. I am going to hang the shower curtain and lay down the rug and get our “FISH” bathroom motif started this weekend.

B-HOP! Good luck to everyone as we get healthy!

No comments: